To be able to travel the world and surf is a dream come true. There's no corner of the world I wouldn't want to see or experience, so every trip for me is a highlight. A few of my favorite places in the world - so far - are mainland Mexico and South Africa. In the process I think it’s extremely important to consider future generations in our daily actions and surf travels. A clean environment is a human right like any other. It's our responsibility to ensure that the lands and oceans we pass on are as clean, if not cleaner, than we found them.
- Date of Birth: May 25, 1983
- Born: San Clemente, CA
- Resides: San Clemente, CA
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Stance: Regular
- Favorite Wave: Mavericks, Todos, Cortes Bank, Dungeons, Hitchcocks, Lowers
- Career Highlights: Winner, 2009 Quiksilver in Memory of Eddie Aikau; Winner, 2008 Mavericks; Winner, 2003 Red Bull Big Wave Africa; 2009 Billabong XXL Ride of the Year; 2008 Billabong XXL Performer of the Year and Biggest Paddle; 2007 Billabong XXL Biggest Tow-In; 2004 Billabong XXL Performer of the Year
- Sponsors: Xcel, Billabong, VonZipper, Ocean Minded, Christenson Surfboards, Peligroso Tequila