If I'm not surfing, I'm mountain biking, snowboarding, and just being away from life in SF with my girl and dog. However, I love SF and all it has to offer. I am a geologist for an environmental consulting firm in SF, so I get to see many sides of SF. Life is good.
- Date of Birth: May 12, 1969
- Born: Cleveland, OH (moved to Del Mar, CA at a very young age)
- Resides: San Francisco, CA
- Height: 6'5"
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Stance: Regular
- Favorite Wave: Mavs and Puerto!
- Career Highlights: Winning your heat in a Mavs contest. Every heat is against 5 of the best big wave surfers in the world, so it's pretty memorable when you manage to win one. The barrels at Fiji with Slater last summer were sick. A solo session in 12-15' surf at a remote spot on Java (Ombak Tuju) about 10 years ago still ranks as the best!
- Sponsors: Xcel, Channel Islands, and Aqua Surf Shop keep me stocked up on gear; I also ride for Mavericks Surf Shop and Hess Surfboards (my geology job is my paying sponsor!)